May 26, 2006, Newsletter Issue #17: Locating a Soldier--With the Army's Help

Tip of the Week

Those who have lost track of old friends in the Army can find help locating their friends with the help of the Army's World Wide Locator. For a small fee (under ten dollars) and a letter, the Army locator can provide military address of that old friend and resume contact. Many people simply submit names and birth date information, only to get a letter back saying more information is needed.

For best results, include all the information you can; social security number, hometown, the last base you remember them being assigned to and what dates, etc. The social security number is the best piece of info to include, as everything in the military is based around it. If you don't have it, include any and everything you can think of to help the Army track down your friend. You can send your request to the following Army locator address: Commander, EREC ATTN: PCRE-RP 8899 E. 56th Street Indianapolis IN 46249-5301 Family members are not charged for the Army locator service, but for-profit groups, creditors and businesses must include a check for 3.50 (at the time of this article) made payable to "Finance Officer".

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Military Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Alexis Niki