April 7, 2006, Newsletter Issue #10: Your Discharge May Affect Your Chances

Tip of the Week

Veterans need a certificate of eligibility in order to process with a VA loan, and in some cases that VA loan eligibility is called into question depending on the nature of a veteran's discharge. The certificate of eligibility process can be tricky for veterans who were separated from the military with a discharge other than honorable, the VA must investigate the discharge to insure it was not classified as dishonorable.

People who fall into this category should seek help from their local VA office, it's best to get some expert advice on what additional information to file, where to send the paperwork and what to do if an appeal is neccesary. When you make an appointment with the VA be sure to bring your DD214 form, plus any paperwork or documentation showing that you either didn't recieve a dishonorable discharge, or had your discharge upgraded, modified, or corrected. These documents could make all the difference when it comes time for a decision to be made on your case.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Military Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
George Sayour