July 7, 2006, Newsletter Issue #23: Not Just For College

Tip of the Week

Many people assume their Montgomery GI Bill is meant just for a traditional 4-year degree. Fortunately the MGIB is far more versatile. Those who have a private pilot's license and meet medical requirements can use the Montgomery GI Bill to pay for flight training. Students attending vocational schools and technical schools are also eligible to use the MGIB, if they meet certain requirements. Those who dream of running a small business will be pleased to know the Montgomery GI Bill covers courses offered by the Small Business Administration at Small Business Development Centers across the U.S. The MGIB also pays for classes offered by the National Veterans Business Development Corporation. The GI Bill even covers testing for certifications and licensing, and such testing is paid for regardless of outcome--if you perform badly the first time out, you may retake the test or recertify, again, paid for with the MGIB.

The bottom line; The Montgomery GI Bill is not restricted to typical degree programs; there is a wide variety of choices available for those who need something less traditional. Check with the school to learn if they are eligible.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Military Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Sherril Steele-Carlin