June 23, 2006, Newsletter Issue #21: Getting Credit For What You've Already Done

Tip of the Week

As you start your journey to higher education, don't forget that your military education--Basic Training, technical schools, leadership training and upgrade training--can count for college credit. To get some of these credits your school will require you to submit either a DD214 (your discharge papers) or a form showing you are still on duty.

To have military education credits recognized you'll need to request a transcript from your technical school, Community College of the Air Force or other military education institutions. Be sure to submit these transcripts unopened, as most colleges won't accept them otherwise. Some schools want you to make a 'special request' in order to have these transcripts evaluated, others require you to contact the head of the departments your credits might transfer to for an official evaluation. Be prepared to start early and do some legwork to get this done, but it's well worth it in the end.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Military Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Byron White